Tuna provides a great source of protein, and these yummy patties make for a delicious and filling meal. Usually I’d have these with a big salad rather than potatoes and steamed veggies, but this was my post-workout meal and my main meal for the day so decided to fill up on the carbs a bit. The original recipe uses salmon and coconut flour, and can be found in the Primal Blueprint Cookbook.
- Large can of tuna in springwater
- 3 spring onions thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of almond meal
- 1 Tsp paprika
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil for cooking
- 3 large organic potatoes
- 2 rashers of organic nitrate free bacon
- 1 Tbsp butter
Crispy Bacon Roast Potatoes
- Preheat your oven to 225 C.
- Cook the bacon rashers until crispy, crumble into small pieces and set aside.
- Chop the potatoes into bite size pieces and place in a small pot with water and boil for 10 mins or until just soft.
- While the potatoes are boiling, drain the bacon fat from the pan onto a flat baking tray and add the butter. Place the tray in the oven so that the bacon fat/butter gets gets really hot.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and shake them around a bit to roughen the surface. Make sure they’re completely dry.
- Pour the potatoes into the hot oil and toss them around a bit.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, turning the potatoes after about 15 mins.
- Sprinkle the bacon on top of the potatoes.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Add extra almond meal if the mixture is too runny.
- Use your hands the roll the mixture into 6 even patties.
- Heat the coconut oil in large pan.
- Place the pattie balls into the hot oil and flatten with a spatula.
- Cook for 2-3 mins each side.
Serve with crispy roast potatoes and your choice of steamed veggies or a big fresh salad.
Questions? Do you like that?
Powered by Facebook Comments