There are times when you just crave naughty food, and sometimes there really isn’t anything better than a big hunk of crispy bread. This was the result of a Zoe/Kyle naughty craving day. Tuna melts are seriously satisfying while only being moderately naughty.
If all this delicious cheesiness is too much for you, you can go for the healthier alternative by simply serving the tuna mix on a big green salad. But it’s not as good.
- 1 large can of your favourite tuna in spring water
- 3 spring onions finely sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum diced
- 2-3 sweet gherkins sliced
- Juice squeezed from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 cup (or more if needed) full fat sour cream
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and loads of cracked pepper
- Sliced cheese of choice (tasty is good for melting)
- Thickly sliced sourdough bread
Preheat your oven grill to high
Drain the tuna and place in a large mixing bowl and set aside
Chop up the spring onions, capsicum and gherkins and add to the tuna
Add the lemon juice, paprika, salt/pepper and sour cream
Mix it all up
Slice the sourdough bread into thick slices, place on a baking tray and grill one side until brown and crispy
Questions? Do you like that?
Powered by Facebook Comments