The one thing that I have been looking forward to in Autumn and Winter is baking. Hot weather and hot ovens don’t make a great mix.
Anzac Day today has been particularly bad weather so of course it made sense to create a delicious almond meal Anzac Biscuit alternative. Lucky I found this Paleo recipe which I unhealthified a little to make it more Anzacy (not real words, I know).
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/8 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon water
- Mix together almond meal, oats, shredded coconut and coconut sugar.
- Combine and heat honey and butter together.
- Mix the baking soda and water and pour it into the honey and butter mixture.
- Pour liquid into dry mixture and combine well.
- Cover and store in the fridge to soak.
- Once mixture has hardened use an ice cream scoop to make 15-20 cookie dough balls.
- Pre-heat oven to 120°C.
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the balls on the paper and squish flat with the (clean) palm of your hand.
- Pop in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.