Baked Apples were a favourite of mine as a child. However, these sugar laden delectables are not as healthy a desert as they might seem.
I decided to create a sugar free version, using honey and dried fruit to replace the sweetness. I’ve put no amounts so that you can change them as you see fit depending on your personal preferences.
- Apples (red are my favourite)
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- Add equal parts of honey and butter (3 Tbsp each should be enough for 4 apples) in a saucepan and melt over low heat.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and mix in the raisins, chopped dates, nuts and cinnamon.
- Peel and core the apples. Make sure you make a large enough hole for the stuffing.
- Place apples in a baking pan and pack full of saucepan mixture.
- Bake for around 45 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Allow 20 minutes for apples to cool before serving with heavy cream or eat the next day for breakfast with full fat Greek yogurt
Questions? Do you like that?
Powered by Facebook Comments