I know it doesn’t look very pretty, but this cake is to die for! If you like to try something that’s a bit different give this a go. It’s super easy to make and also doesn’t go overboard with the sugar.
- 3 cups almond meal
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate (85% cocoa at least)
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 9-inch cake pan with butter
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl melt the butter. Add the honey, eggs and vanilla extract to melted butter.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and then fold in the banana and chocolate.
- Scoop the batter into the baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes
- Leave to cool for appox 1 hour before serving
For something different try serving a slice of cake warmed up with berries and cream, ice cream or yoghurt.
Questions? Do you like that?
Powered by Facebook Comments