Apricots are one of my all time favourite fruits and this recipe would have to be the best apricot dessert I have found so far! I don’t make a lot of desserts and cakes because generally when I do, something goes wrong or I think I can add my own creative genius to the mix and it actually destroys it. I found this recipe on Chocolate & Zucchini and it looked so good I had to try it out myself. I’m pretty proud of myself too because I actually followed the recipe almost exactly.
- 1 kilo fresh apricots (or equivalent canned if out of season)
- 4 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp tapioca
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 2 tbs sugar, plus extra for sprinkling on top (I use organic coconut sugar)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbs orange juice
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 5 tbs unsalted butter, diced
- Slice the apricots into quarters and place in a ceramic or glass dish and sprinkle with the sugar and tapioca. Toss the fruit around, cover and leave to sit for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 180C
- In a medium bowl mix together the almond meal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the orange juice, yogurt and butter and combine roughly with a spoon, then use your fingers to combine the wet and dry ingredients
- Add the blueberries on top of the apricots
- Using a spoon dollop the dough onto the fruit so that small gaps remain
- Sprinkle sugar over the dough and then place in the oven
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until fruit is bubbly and the dough is golden brown
Serve warm with fresh whipped cream or yogurt.
Questions? Do you like that?
Powered by Facebook Comments