If you like porridge, try it this way for brekky tomorrow. The overnight soaking makes for some seriously creamy and yummy porridge! It’s not exactly primal, but the soaking removes enzyme inhibitors which means you’re getting all the health benefits of oats. Make sure you eat your porridge with some good fat to stop your body processing it too quickly to avoid a morning sugar spike.
- Before you go to bed, place 1/2 cup of oats per person into a small pot and cover with water
- Add a tablespoon of yogurt and a pinch of salt to activate the enzymes and remove the phytates
- Place a lid on the pot and leave on the bench – go to bed
- In the morning when your ready for some awesome brekky, add some extra water or milk to your porridge mix and cook on the stove until its creamy and thick – about 10 mins.
- Spoon your desired amount into a bowl and add your choice of flavouring. I think the best mix is warmed raspberries, fresh cream and a teaspoon of coconut sugar.
Best porridge ever.
Questions? Do you like that?
Powered by Facebook Comments